Who can join?
- Full membership is open to all Chartered Physiotherapists.
- Associate membership is open to all other health professionals at the
discretion of the ACPOPC Committee.
- There are categories of student membership and overseas membership.
- Honorary members are elected at the AGM.
What is expected of members?
- Members usually join because they are interested in or are working in the
fields of oncology and palliative care.
- It is expected that they will support the group's objectives including its
aim to promote and facilitate the interchange of ideas and knowledge between
How does the group support members' continuing professional
- There are 14 regional groups which meet regularly.
- These groups will organise informal study days/meetings and provide the
opportunity for supervision networking at a local level.
- Each has a named contact for members listed on the website and within the
- Contact details for Committee members are published in the newsletter and
included in the website.
- They can offer advice and information to members.
- A newsletter is published quarterly.
- Access to other material and useful information is regularly featured within
the newsletter and on the website.
- All members have access to a reference list on the website which can
searched or sorted as required.
- Suggested references are highlighted in each newsletter.
- Specific literature searches can be performed by the CSP.
Conferences and Study Days
- Two events are held each year.
- These are usually a two-day residential conference and AGM held in a
different region each year and a study day at CSP headquarters.
- Regional groups may provide further courses.
Formal courses offered/recommended
- No formal recommendations are made.
- Relevant courses may be advertised in Frontline, in the newsletter and on
How does the group promote research and evaluation?
Promoting Research Awareness
- Research awareness is promoted through the group's newsletter, the website
and at courses, conferences and study days.
- Contact with the ACPOPC research officer is encouraged.
- A register of members involved in research is being compiled.
Research and Education Grants
- Members have access to a research grant and an education grant, which can be
used towards CPD.
- Application forms may be obtained from the relevant ACPOPC officers or via
Published evidence-based material
- An ACPOPC booklet, 'Guidance for Good Practice', is currently under review.
- Individual group members are working on clinical guidelines for NICE.
Specific guidelines can be viewed on the NICE website.
- ACPOPC recommends its' members use the CSP outcome measures database which
can be found on the CSP website: -